2020 - Mission Assurance Internship
- Dulles, VA
The Safety and Mission Assurance Directorate nurtures quality, ensures process discipline, and stabilizes our designs. Our employees are matrixed throughout the Division onto programs and in manufacturing. The directorate has a broad range of jobs. Working in S&MA for a summer provides interns with a better understand of the processes used to produce satellites as well as the challenges faced by the space industry. The best candidate will have a technical STEM degree, a curiosity for understanding failures, a desire to follow processes, and an ability to interact with software databases and tools. We have opportunities for individuals who are interested in failure analysis, configuration management, software assurance, quality engineering, mission assurance, and parts engineering. No matter what your degree, at the completion of the summer you will better understand where you'd like to take your career in the space industry. Placement of interns within S&MA will occur after an initial interview to determine the intern's desire.
Performance standards that an incumbent must have to be successful in this position include:
- Leadership and teamwork capabilities
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Extracurricular activities (campus organizations, clubs, student organizations, community service)
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Enrolled in or having received an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university majoring in a science, technology, engineering, or related degree.
- C/C++/Python programming on embedded processors
- Possess an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher
- Be eligible to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
Knowledge of Satellite Manufacturing
- Experience with Cost Point, TIPQA or Windchill
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.25
- Prior internship or research experience in related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top