2020 Mathematician Intern- Bellevue, NE
- Bellevue, NE
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Space Systems.
An internship at Northrop Grumman is unique. Sure, you'll learn new skills, explore our enterprise, network with experts, connect with thought leaders, and finish with a resume that opens doors. But you'll gain something even more valuable: pride in what you've done. Join us and launch your career. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a mathematician for a full time college intern opportunity. This position will be located in Bellevue, Nebraska. The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman Space Systems - Space Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) Division. The selected candidate will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where they will interact with users, customers, scientists, systems engineers, and software developers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Create and analyze numerical models of the natural environment and its effects on electronic systems
• Conduct research and development of machine learning algorithms
• Assist science team with analysis, research, development, and writing technical reports related to innovative technologies
• Be enrolled full-time and pursuing a PhD from an accredited college/university AND graduating after August 2020.
• Be majoring in Mathematics or a related field
• Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
• Be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) for at least 10 weeks during summer 2020
• Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
• Good presentation, writing, and communication skills
• Self-motivated, willing to learn, and interested in working in a team environment
• Previous internship/co-op experience in mathematics or related fields
• Demonstrable experience writing technical papers/reports
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top