2020- Manufacturing Operations Intern
- Dulles, VA
- Apply theoretical knowledge and engineering techniques to the solution of basic analytical engineering problems; such as test, analysis and design
- Assist designing and maintaining defense components, structures, and systems.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations on technical subjects.
- Apply programming and computer application skills.
- Practice and learn technical professional behavior including memorandum writing, email and calendar usage via Outlook.
- Complete intern-specific projects and perform related duties as assigned
Performance standards that an incumbent must have to be successful in this position include:
- Leadership and teamwork capabilities
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Extracurricular activities (campus organizations, clubs, student organizations, community service)
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
Prospect Qualifications: A prospect, regardless of age and hiring source must meet all of the below criteria:
- Enrolled in or having received an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university majoring in a science, technology, engineering, or related degree
- Possess an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher
- Be eligible to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.25
- Prior internship or research experience in related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite
- Aptitude for understanding system and subsystem interactions
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top