2020 (Jan-July) Mechanical Engineering Co-Op
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
We are currently seeking talented individuals for our Co-op programat ourFlight Systems Group located in Chandler Arizona. The successful candidate should plan to work full time Spring and Summer Semesters (January 2020 July 2020)
- Apply theoretical knowledge and engineering techniquesto the solution of basic analytical engineering problems; such as test, analysis and design.
- Assist designing and maintaining aerospace, defense and/or flight components, structures, and systems.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations on technical subjects.
- Apply programming and computer application skills.
- Practice and learn technical professional behavior including memorandum writing, emailand calendar usage via Outlook.
- Support ina machine shop environment
- Currently pursuing a degree in aerospace or mechanical engineering, or a closely related discipline.
- GPA 3.0 or higher.
- General understanding of fundamental engineering principles, practices, and theories.
- Interest in working in the space and/or defense industry.
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work well in a team environment.
- Permanent and legal right to work in the U.S. without student visa or sponsorship.
- Active secret level security clearance
Preferred Qualifications :
- 3.25 GPA or higher
Back to top