2020 Intern - Infrastructure - Bethpage, NY
- Plainview, NY
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on projects and programs that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to improve the present, invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an endless drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Storage & Backup Infrastructure Systems Administrator to join the Enterprise Services Intern Program. This position will be located in Bethpage, NY. The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's ES IFS ECSN Organization
Roles and Responsibilities
• Manage and maintain Enterprise backup infrastructure. Pertains to all methods
of data protection offered by ECSN. I.e. IBM Spectrum Protect or TSM
• Manage and maintain Enterprise Storage infrastructure. i.e. Vmax, NAS
• Scripting of capacity metrics, REST API, PowerShell skills a plus
• Developing and presenting daily reports with regards to incident management
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
• Be enrolled full-time and pursuing a degree (Bachelor's, Master's, or Phd) from an accredited college/university AND graduating after August 2020.
• Be majoring in Computer Science-Engineering, Cyber, MIS, Industrial Security
• Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of
application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
• Be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) for at least 10 weeks during summer 2020
• Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
• Some Computer architecture experience related to Server, Storage and backup applications
• Basic Excel and Scripting skills. i.e. Perl, Unix Shell Scripts ,etc
• Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher
• Previous internship/co-op experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities,
interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community
• Good presentation and writing/communication skills.
• Self-motivated, willing to learn, and interested in working in a team
• Experience in developing and delivering presentations and leading small
• Experience in working in an autonomous work environment on complex
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top