2020 Entry Level - Software Engineer- Helena, MT/Auburn, AL
- Helena, MT
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on projects and programs that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to improve the present, invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an endless drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is seeking an entry-level Software Developer to join the Information Technology Solutions team. This position will be located in Helena, MT or Auburn, AL.
The selected candidate will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where he/she will interact with other developers, customers, and users.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As software developer on our team, you will have the opportunity to:
- Deliver and maintain software design and development solutions using
- Microsoft Visual Studio utilizing C# and a variety of other technologies
- Perform object-oriented design and development with appropriate use of
- Participate in Agile-driven software development using Scrum or Kanban
- Assist current staff in building new solutions or upgrading current software
following the software development lifecycle
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
• Be completing or has completed their degree (B.S, M.S., or PhD)
from an accredited institution majoring in Computer Science, Computer
Engineering, Computer Information Systems, or a related discipline
• Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic
transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the
documents to your application or profile)
• Web-based software development experience (appropriate college
coursework is acceptable)
• Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (US
Citizenship is a pre-requisite)
• Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio or other IDE environments
• Experience with .Net and/or .Net Core development framework utilizing C#
• Knowledge of SQL Server, Oracle or other cloud-native databases
• Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies
• Excellent presentation and writing/communication skills
• Self-motivated, willing to learn, and able to contribute to a high-performing
• Experience with mobile development (web or native) is a bonus
• Experience with python development is a bonus
• Leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and
• Exposure to, or working knowledge of, any of the following technologies:
Automated Testing, Team Foundation Server, Git, Cloud (AWS, Azure), iOS
jQuery, and AJAX.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top