2020 Engineering Intern (Plymouth, MN)
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
We are currently seeking talented individuals for Engineering Internships at our Armament Systems business unit in Plymouth, MN . An internship at Northrop Grumman will allow you to learn new skills, explore our enterprise, network with experts, and finish with a resume that opens doors. Join us and launch your career. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Armament Systems is a leading innovator and producer of advanced weapons that provide the warfighter superior battlefield capabilities. The division specializes in creating low-cost, highly reliable and precise munitions for artillery and mortar systems and is a world leader in developing and producing tactical and training ammunition for medium and large caliber weapon platforms. Armament Systems also creates systems that protect soldiers on the battlefield and reduce collateral damage.
Typical Intern Duties:
- Apply theoretical knowledge and engineering techniques to the solution of basic analytical engineering problems; such as test, analysis and design
- Assist designing and maintaining defense components, structures, and systems.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations on technical subjects.
- Apply programming and computer application skills.
- Practice and learn technical professional behavior including memorandum writing, email and calendar usage via Outlook.
- Complete intern-specific projects and perform related duties as assigned
- Be a student who is enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university
- Be majoring in a science, technology, engineering, or math related degree
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.00/4.0 or higher
- Be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top