2020 Engineer Structural- Promontory, Utah
- Brigham City, UT
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman (Innovation Systems).
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on projects and programs that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to improve the present, invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an endless drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Structural Engineer. This position will be located at our Innovation Systems) Sector in Promontory, Utah.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's Innovation Systems Science and Engineering Loads and Environments Analysis Team
The selected candidate will work in a team environment to predict structural dynamics of solid rocket motors and components.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Generation of structural loads for launch vehicles
• Generation of loads and environments (shock, vibration and acoustics) for use by system/component designers and analysts
• Develop dynamic structural models for system/component assessment
• Develop shock and vibration structural environments
• Support testing of components to structural environments (vibration, shock)
• Analyze sub-scale, static-test and flight data to assess loads and environments and verify dynamic models
• Prepare reports and memos documenting analysis activities and results
• Prepare presentations summarizing analysis results for internal review boards and external customers
• Interact with design and development teams (teams include specialists in Design, Quality, Safety, Structural, Thermal, Fluid, Materials, Test, Operations) to certify creative design solutions that meet all requirements (technical, cost, schedule)
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
• Be completing or has completed their degree (Master's, or PhD) from an accredited institution.
• Be majoring in or having majored in An MS or PhD in Structural, Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
• Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
• Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
• Experience with Matlab
• Course work in Vibrations or System Dynamics
• Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher
• Previous internship/co-op or other work experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular).
• Good presentation and writing/communication skills.
• Self-motivated, willing to learn, and interested in working in a team environment.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top