2020 Engineer Propulsion (Palm Beach Gardens)
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
We are currently seeking talented individuals for a Propulsion Engineer position in our Missile Products Business Unit in Palm Beach Gardens, FL.
- Perform analysis, design, or test of one or more moderately complex materials (including energetics), structural components, and control systems for propulsion systems.
- Apply engineering principles, industry standards, company standards and customer requirements to develop propulsion systems (electric, solid/liquid fuel rocket, air-breathing, thrusters) for application in launch vehicles, missile systems, and space mission systems.
- Coordinate strategy for developing and leveraging multi-disciplinary design, optimization, and analysis processes to support mission requirements.
- Define and coordinate the conduct of testing required to evaluate design work.
- Enrolled in or having received a master'sdegree or higherfrom an accredited college/university majoring in a science, technology, engineering, or related degree
- Possess an overall cumulative GPA of 3.00/4.0 or higher
- Be eligible to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.25 or higher
- Prior internship or research experience in related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top