2020 Electrical Engineering Intern- Ronkonkoma, NY
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems.
An internship at Northrop Grumman is unique. Sure, you'll learn new skills, explore our enterprise, network with experts, connect with thought leaders, and finish with a resume that opens doors. But you'll gain something even more valuable: pride in what you've done. Join us and launch your career. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Electrical Engineer to join the Innovation Systems Intern Program. This position will be located in Ronkonkoma NY
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's Aerthermal Research Facility Engineering team
The selected candidate will work in a Dynamic High speed Aero-propulsion Test Facility.
As an intern, you'll participate in a summer internship program to develop competencies in a variety of Electrical Engineering specializations that may include: Programming Experience - Python, C++, C#, Matlab, Software - Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, VBA Coding, Ladder Logic - PLC Experience, SQL Database, Electrical - Basic understanding of NEC codes, conduit sizing, wire sizing, Hardware - should have basic understanding of digital multi-meters, oscilloscopes, function generators.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Selection, Installation, and checkout of electrical and instrumentation in test cells
• Design of upgraded electrical and controls systems
• Software logic and code creation, troubleshooting, De-bugging
• Schematic Generation
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
• Be enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university AND graduating after August 2020.
• Be majoring in: Electrical Engineering/Computer Science
• Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
• Be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) for at least 10 weeks during summer 2020
• Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
• Have an overall cumulative G PA of 3.25/4.0 or higher
• Self-motivated, willing to learn, and interested in working in a team environment.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top