2020 College Intern Technical - Systems - Apopka, FL
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Mission Systems
An internship at Northrop Grumman is unique. Sure, you'll learn new skills, explore our enterprise, network with experts, connect with thought leaders, and finish with a resume that opens doors. But you'll gain something even more valuable: pride in what you've done. Join us and launch your career. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Systems Engineer interns to join the Mission Systems Intern Program. This position will be located in Apopka, FL
As an intern, you'll participate in a summer program to develop competencies in a variety of Systems engineering specializations that may include:
Roles and Responsibilities
Perf orms a variety of duties in the electronic, mechanical, electromechanical, or optical areas. Constructs, troubleshoots, calibrates, adjusts, tests, and maintains equipment, components, devices, or systems. Works from engineering drawings and written or verbal instructions. Operates related equipment; conducts tests and reports data in prescribed format. Performs calibration and alignment checks; makes adjustments, modifications, and replacements as directed; prepares prescribed compounds and solutions. Exclude technicians working in Production or Quality Assurance
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be a student who is enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university AND graduating after August 2020
- Be majoring in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or another related technical field
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.00/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be available to work part-time (40 hours per week) during Summer 2020.
- Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher
- Previous internship/co-op experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top