2020 College Intern Technical - Quality & Mission Excellence (Rolling Meadows, IL)
Start your future with a new mission; Northrop Grumman Mission Systems.
An internship at Northrop Grumman is unique. Sure, you'll learn new skills, explore our enterprise, network with experts, connect with thought leaders, and finish with a resume that opens doors. But you'll gain something even more valuable: pride in what you've done. Join us and launch your career. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Quality Engineers for an internship opportunity. This position will be located at our Mission Systems Sector in Rolling Meadows, IL.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's Mission Assurance and will be exposed to assignments in Supplier Quality, Program Quality, Data Analytics, Systems Engineering, Hardware Engineering, Systems Engineering, or Software CM. The selected candidate will work in a project environment and/or with employees who define the Mission Systems procedures for quality assurance of engineering products.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Data collection and analysis, supplier visits/audits, supplier performance metrics reviews
- Evaluate software and/or related software engineering work products through audits and peer reviews
- Review requirements, test plans and procedures and related work products
- Complete, assess and update quality processes, records and report
- Develop and enhance quality engineering guidance, tools, templates, and training
- Analyze hardware metrics
- Analyze systems engineering metrics and perform causal analysis
- Analyze software metrics
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university
- Be majoring inIndustrial, Mechanical, Mathematics, Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Manufacturing, Aerospace, Electrical Engineering or related STEM Degree
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) for at least 10 weeks during summer 2020
- Be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher
Previous internship/co-op experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular)
Good presentation and writing/communication skills
Self-motivated, willing to learn, and interested in working in a team environment
Experience in working on business or engineering full life-cycle projects from project inception through launch
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Join our Talent Community:
LIKE NorthropGrummanCareers on Facebook http://ar.gy/FacebookNGCareers
FOLLOW Northrop Grumman Corporation on LinkedIn http://ar.gy/LinkedInNGCareers
FOLLOW @NG_Careers on Twitter http://ar.gy/TwitterNGCareers
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel: NorthropGrummanMedia http://ar.gy/YouTubeNGCareers
Discover more about our careers at careers.northropgrumman.com
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top