2020 College Intern (Finance) - Promontory, Utah
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on projects and programs that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to improve the present, invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an endless drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is seeking an Financial Intern to join the Innovation Systems Internship Program. This position will be located at our Innovation Systems Sector in Promontory, Utah.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performs economic research and studies subjects such as rates of return, depreciation, working capital, investments, and financial and expense comparisons by analysis of profit and loss statements and income statements.
- Prepares reports of findings and recommendations to management.
- Develops, maintains, and establishes operational specifications for financial information systems considering such things as information flow, volume, and document format for data processing equipment.
- May provide analysis on business development and may monitor business performance by unit or division.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with a wide range of personalities from diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work individually on tasks for long periods of time, and when needed, to work well in a team environment
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel(e.g., ability to manipulate data via Pivot Tables, etc.)
- Ability to manage time effectively, with a high degreeof attention to detail and organization
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
Be enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university AND graduating after August 2020.
Be majoring in Finance, Business Management or a related field
Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
Be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) for at least 10 weeks during summer 2020
Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top