2020 - Civil/Construction Engineer Intern
- Dulles, VA
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Construction Engineer Intern to join our team.
- Help to plan, design and oversee the construction of new or expanded facilities.
- Help prepare architectural, engineering, and cost estimates, functional studies, construction plans, specifications, and schedules. Obtain and supervise outside contractors.
- Recommend architectural and engineering design procedures and standards for the planning and design of facilities.
- Assist in supervising the detailed design, budgetary costing, standardized construction, and final inspection of facility projects.
- Conducts construction surveillance to ensure adherence to contractual requirements.
- Ensure all work conforms to the required specifications, including local, state and federal codes.
- Adhere to, company policies, procedures, and processes per the direction of the Facilities Project Manager.
- Work with outside engineers, architects, design teams, and general contractors regarding plans, specifications, general and special conditions, addendums, subcontract requirements, and bid paperwork including RFI's are completed as required. •
- Prepare estimates and work plans with detailed review of proposal specifications, drawings, and quantity takeoff information.
- Prepare design drawings for Facility Projects.
- Provide technical assistance, i.e., interpretation of drawings, recommended construction methods, materials, and equipment, etc., as required.
- Assist in contractor weekly job meetings.
- Experience working in a construction, or facilities environment.
- Enrolled in or having received an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university
- Intermediate knowledge of Windows Office Systems; Excel, Word and/or MS Project, etc.
- Working knowledge of blueprint reading.
- Computer-Aided Drafting and Design (CADD) experience
- Possess an overall cumulative GPA of 3.00/4.0 or higher
- Be eligible to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Knowledge of Revit BIM Software.
- Minimum overall GPA of 3.25 or higher
- Prior internship or research experience in related field
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) Certificate issued from a state licensing board
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top