2020 Associate Process Engineer
- Cumberland, MD
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
We are currently seeking candidates for an Associate Process Engineer for our Missile Products business unit in Rocket Center, West Virginia.
This position will support the manufacturing efforts associated with energetics manufacturing for rocket motors and warheads. You will support operations in the energetics areas that involve the preparation of rocket motor chambers, manufacture of propellants and explosives, assembly and disassembly of mold tooling, and assembly of motor hardware for delivery.
This position is generally a first shift role however, the plant operates 24/7, so may occasionally require being available for an alternate shift schedule, call-back to plant, or need to answer questions by phone.
Duties may include:
- Concept, design and documentation of manufacturing tooling and equipment required to effect manufacturing processes and production rate requirements.
- Improving manufacturing processes and troubleshooting equipment/tooling.
- Development of work instructions and tooling/equipment designs from engineering hardware specifications culminating in complete technical data packages.
- Process development may include assistance with training of existing Production Operations staff (union operators) in the explosives operating areas.
- Interface with all levels and departments of the plant - operators, supervision and maintenance
- A degree (Bachelor or Masters) from an accredited institution in Mechanical, Electro-Mechanical discipline, or a closely related field
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.00/4.00 or higher
- Be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Mechanical aptitude
- School, project or job experience in manufacturing process
- Mechanical design knowledge
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top