2020 Associate Mission Assurance Engineer - Clearfield, UT
- Clinton, UT
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems is currently seeking an Associate Mission Assurance Engineer at our Aerospace Structures Center of Excellence in Clearfield, UT.
A secret security clearance is preferred, but not required for this position.
Implement mission/flight assurance plans for individual spacecraft flight hardware programs addressing design, manufacturing, integration, and test activities in accordance with company and contractual requirements. Works as a member of an integrated product team with NGIS Safety & Mission Assurance staff in various groups to address technical issues, meet program requirements and ensure mission success. Interface with customers, vendors, and with NGIS Manufacturing, Integration & Test and Engineering organizations to identify and resolve mission/flight assurance issues. Provide support to program Flight Assurance Manager in review of various activities.
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be completing or has completed a Bachelor degree in a STEM field from an accredited institution.
•Be majoring in or having minored in Engineering.
- Able to read engineering documentation and inspect drawings and parts lists, inspection plans, and supplemental instructions.
- Knowledge base in Cause Analysis tools, such as Ishikawa and fault tree.
- Working knowledge of MRB systems and document processing.
- Working knowledge of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Working knowledge of ISO9001 and/or AS9100 quality standards.
- Experience working with aerospace specifications and requirements.
- Previous experience working in AS/ISO/CMMI certified organization.
- Experience using custom manufacturing software to maintain quality records, traceability, etc.
- Experience supporting internal and external audits.
- Functional knowledge of composite manufacture and inspection.
- Functional knowledge of Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (PFMEA).
- Functional knowledge of production control systems (SAP/Visual Mfg/etc).
- Experience authoring, modifying and auditing inspection plans and First Article Inspections (FAI's).
- Experience using SPC/SQC to monitor and improve processes.
Back to top