2020 Associate Engr Tech Services - Manufacturing (Sunnyvale)
- Sunnyvale, CA
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on projects and programs that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to improve the present, invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an endless drive to do what others this is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Technical Service Engineers. This position will be located at our Mission Systems Sector in Sunnyvale, CA.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's Manufacturing organization. The selected candidate will work in a fast paced environment where he/she will interact with multiple disciplines.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide production scheduling for our power propulsion unit
- Plan, prepare, issue and control production schedules and track material requirements to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials timed to meet production requirements.
- Schedule equipment and personnel, confirm material supply and demands, and prepare work orders or purchase requests based on a master production schedule, shop load and inventory requirements.
- Review and track internal status of customer product. Participate in internal production meetings for assigned work center area and communicate status changes to program management in a timely manner.
- Take action with correct internal teams to promptly resolve any program schedule issues.
- Coordinate interdepartmental activity with production coordinator, quality assurance, manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, inventory control, and Shipping/Receiving.
- Provide capacity analysis based on machine, resource, or material availability
- Provide industrial engineering support. Analyze data on production performance and manufacturing variance to standard.
- Participate in job rotation system to support various work centers and assignments
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be completing or has completed their degree (Bachelor's or Master's)
- Be majoring in or having majored in Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, or closely related discipline
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher
- Previous internship/co-op experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular)
- APICS certification or training
- SAP MRP or similar ERP Systems
- Microsoft Project
- Lean manufacturing / Six Sigma
Back to top