2020 Associate Engineer Software - Manufacturing (Rolling Meadows)
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman.
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on projects and programs that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to improve the present, invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an endless drive to do what others this is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Software Engineer. This position will be located at our Mission Systems Sector in Rolling Meadows, IL.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's Manufacturing organization. The selected candidate will work in a fast paced environment where he/she will interact with multiple disciplines.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, test, operate, and maintain software and firmware components and computing systems software to be applied to, and integrated with, engineering, scientific and manufacturing requirements.
- Troubleshoot complex software problems in existing manufacturing equipment, then develop solutions.
- Involve implementation of features in an iterative way and eventually release the full solutions to the larger manufacturing and engineering organization.
- Maintain and update existing software applications.
- Analyze and document system/software design and requirements.
- Ensures processes and procedures are in compliance with regulations.
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be completing or has completed their degree (Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD)
- Be majoring in or having majored in Computer Science or closely related discipline
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher
- Previous internship/co-op experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular)
- Experience in developing and delivering presentations and leading small groups
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top