2020 - Associate Engineer Software
Seeking software-savvy engineers for exciting opportunities on space-related programs at various stages of their development lifecycle. Ideal candidates should have a desire to participate in software requirements analysis and specification, design, implementation, integration, test planning from unit to system level, planning and performing software qualification tests and writing test reports. Excellent writing, reading and speaking skills are expected as the candidate will be involved in the entire software development, test and operations lifecycle. The ability to work in a small to a large team setting and effectively communicate with other engineering teams and disciplines including electrical, systems and integration & test engineering is essential.
Primary duties and responsibilities
- Participate in software requirements review, preliminary and critical design reviews, integration readiness reviews and software acceptance reviews. Manage and analyze requirements and designs
- Develop, test and debug software drivers, applications and test scripts in desktop and/or embedded environments using Windows, Linux or VxWorks
- Make frequent contact with customers both internal and external concerning design, development and maintenance of software.
- Work directly with integration and test and other engineering disciplines to resolve complex spacecraft system problems.
- Participate in an Agile and DevSecOps environment
Qualified candidates are required to have skills in one of the following areas
- Embedded Software: Programming proficiency in C/C++ and the ability to work with real-time operating systems, exposure to embedded software development, integration and test of aerospace avionics or control systems.
- Simulation Software: Programming proficiency in C/C++ and the ability to develop simulation software for avionics and control systems, and debug simulation hardware and software within a lab test environment using common lab equipment. Ideal candidates will have physics-based software modeling background and experience with simulation of aerospace systems and environments
- Ground Software: Programming proficiency in C/C++, Python or LabView and the ability to develop ground control software applications for Mission Operation systems and Spacecraft integration and test activities.
- Software: C/C++
- Basic understanding of software version control; familiarity with common software configuration management (Subversion, Git), problem tracking (Jira, Trac), scripting languages (Python, Perl) or continuous integration tools (Jenkins, Bamboo)
- Embedded Software: VxWorks, Micro Controller Development or CubeSat
- Simulation Software: Simics, OpenGL/OpenSceneGraph, Matlab
- Ground Software: Python, Linux, LabView
- Agile Certification
Back to top