2020 Aeronautical Engineer - Bacchus/Promontory, Utah
- West Valley City, UT
Northrop Grumman is currently seeking a motor performance analyst to join our Performance Analysis team at Promontory or Bacchus Utah.
Role description & Responsibilities:
The motor performance analyst is responsible for evaluating ballistic performance of all solid rocket motors produced at Northrop Grumman facilities in Utah. The motors range in size from very large boosters to motor igniters to small subscale laboratory test motors. This includes a wide variety of boosters used in launch vehicles for defense and commercial applications.
- Analyze ground test and flight motor performance using computer codes
- Design solid propellant grains for new motor programs
- Present analysis results to internal and external customers
- Evaluate historical motor performance data
- Develop performance requirements
- Coordinate tasks with other analysts and designers
- Update computer analysis codes
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
• Master's degree in a technical engineering discipline (e.g. Aerospace, Aeronautical, Mechanical, Chemical
• Emphasis on rocket propulsion, combustion, fluid dynamics, and thermodynamics
• Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.0/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
• Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
• Basic knowledge of solid rocket motors and their performance
• Computer programming (MATLAB and/or FORTRAN, C, C++), CAD, and MS Office
• Familiarity with statistics and statistical methods
• Highly self-motivated
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills
• Detail oriented but able to understand the big picture
• Overall GPA of 3.25 or higher.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top