2019 Systems Engineering Intern
As a Systems Engineering Intern, you will support design, development, analysis, and test activities for complex systems and engineering tools. Support industry research and project management activities necessary to execute and close engineering projects.
Supporting the creation and deployment of systems engineering management tools that help drive system requirements management and integration with design engineering
Supporting the preparation of system engineering materials for System Requirement Reviews, System Functional Reviews, Preliminary Design Reviews, Critical Design Reviews and System Verification Reviews
Helping negotiate requirements with internal customers, such as, Design Engineering, Program Management and Business Development
Supporting pinpointing program risks and identify potential mitigation strategies for technical tasks
Helping with the development of integration test capabilities to support system verification and integration on development programs in preparation for major test events
Having an interest in learning how to manage programs and leveraging tools to increase systems engineering effectiveness.
- Be a student who is enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university
- Be majoring in a science, technology, engineering, or math related degree
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher
- Be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Experience or interest in Internet of Things (IoT) and System Architecting
- Experience with software development tools and languages (Java, Unity, iOS, C++, C#...etc)
- System debugging experience
- Experience with SharePoint and Office365
- Engagement in 1-2 professional engineering organizations as a team leader
- Engagement in 1 general community organizations as a team member or leader with budgeting responsibility
- Overall GPA of 3.7
- Prior internship or research experience in related field
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite
- Experience with Teamcenter
- Experience with Cameo Systems Modeler
- Experience with Satellite Tool Kit (STK)
- Experience with version-control system software
- Experience with designing processor-in-the-loop or hardware-in-the-loop test benches
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top