2019 - Quality Engineering Intern
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
As an Intern in the Quality Engineering group in Goleta, CA you will:
- Perform Root Cause Data Analysis to identify process improvement opportunities, and measure effectiveness of Corrective Actions.
- Assist the Procurement Quality Board (PQB) in maintaining supplier files.
- Perform shop-floor process audits to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Provide administrative support for implementation of Inspection Department CI (Continuous Improvement) initiatives.
- Developing department scheduling tools and visual aids, and improving data gathering for productivity reporting.
College Students who are preparing to enter their senior year pursuing a degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, Quality Assurance or similar field. Strong candidates for this position will possess many of the following attributes:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience and success in working within teams
- Proven leadership ability from past experiences
- Proven ability to multi-task and self-starter able to work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills to drive actions necessary to accomplish assigned tasks
- Customer focus
- Strong, proven organizational skills in managing time, projects and resources
- Technical attention to detail on past projects and assignments
- The successful candidate will be motivated, detail oriented and a team player.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
It is also helpful if you indicate if you are seeking full time or internship opportunities.
Most positions will be filled as a 12-week internship (from mid to late May until mid to late August 2019).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top