2019 Intern - Biometrics Engineer
An internship at Northrop Grumman is unique. Sure, you'll learn new skills, explore our enterprise, network with experts, connect with thought leaders, and finish with a resume that opens doors. But you'll gain something even more valuable: pride in what you've done. Join us and launch your career. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services is seeking aBiometrics Engineer to join the Technology Services Intern Program.
This position will be located in
- Springfield, VA or
- Falls Church, VA or
- Lorton, VA
The selected candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's PSPD (Passenger Systems Program Directorate) Development Team and will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where he/she will interact with users, customers and other developers.
This team supports the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Passenger Systems Program Directorate (PSPD) suite of computer and automated software applications. CBP PSPD handles a broad range of complex business systems which are instrumental to the CBP mission of securing our borders while facilitating legitimate trade and travel.
As an intern, you'll participate in a summer internship program to develop competencies inbiometrics related areas utilizing statistics, mathematics and engineering skills.
Basic Qualifications: A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university AND graduating after August 2019
- Be majoring in Bachelor's Biometrics, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or other technical discipline
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) for at least 10 weeks during summer 2019
- Be able to obtain and maintain a DHS/CBP Security Clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher
- Previous internship/co-op experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience in developing and delivering presentations and leading small groups
- Experience in working in an autonomous work environment on complex projects
- Experience in working on business or engineering full life-cycle projects from project inception through launch
- Classroom projects or work experience applying statistics, mathematics, and engineering basic skills to biometrics related problems.
- Experience with biometrics sensors including fingerprint scanners and face detection toolsets
- Current / Active DHS/CBP Security Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top