2019 Co-Op Spring - Software Engineer
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Technology Services.
An internship at Northrop Grumman is unique. Sure, you'll learn new skills, explore our enterprise, network with experts, connect with thought leaders, and finish with a resume that opens doors. But you'll gain something even more valuable: pride in what you've done. Join us and launch your career. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Software Engineering Interns to join the Technology Services Intern Program. These positions are located in King George, VA.
The qualified candidates will become part of Northrop Grumman's Combat System Simulations Development (CSSD) program. The CSSD program specializes in developing high fidelity modeling and simulations software systems in support of Combat System development, certification and training.
As an intern, you'll participate in a summer internship program to develop competencies in a variety of software engineering specializations that may include:
- Apply appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle.
- Conduct multidisciplinary research and collaborate with equipment designers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
- Determine computer user needs and analyze system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls.
- Develop software on diverse platforms including Unix, Linux and Windows based operating systems
- Utilize configuration management tools, database applications and related software development tools
- Understand of the software development life-cycle and roles within each phase to include a variety of programming and scripting languages, and complex software design principles
- Experience in developing, documenting, testing, and debugging software that contain logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems.
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university AND graduating after August 2019.
- Be majoring in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related technical degree.
- Have experience in software engineering, including familiarity with C, C++, and Java.
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile).
- Be available to work full-time (FT)(40 hours per week) beginningspring 2019 and PT or FTduringsummer 2019.
- Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite).
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.7/4.0 or higher.
- Completion of undergraduate sophomore year in Computer Science/Software Engineering related discipline.
- Previous internship experience with a Department of Defense Contractor.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top