2019 College Intern Technical - Electrical Engineer (San Antonio TX)
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Mission Systems
An internship at Northrop Grumman is unique. Sure, you'll learn new skills, explore our enterprise, network with experts, connect with thought leaders, and finish with a resume that opens doors. But you'll gain something even more valuable: pride in what you've done. Join us and launch your career. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Systems Engineers for an internship opportunity. This position will be located at our Mission Systems Sector in San Antonio, TX.
The qualified candidates will become part of Northrop Grumman's Systems Engineering, Integration and Test division.
Roles and Responsibilities
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule and cost constraints
Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications Basic Qualifications:
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be a student who is enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university AND graduating after August 2019
- Be majoring in Systems Engineering, Computer Engineering, Industrial and Systems Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, and Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science or related degree
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) for at least 10 weeks during summer 2019
- Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher
- Previous internship/co-op experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular)
Back to top