2019 College Intern Technical
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems
Northrop Grumman is seeking Mechanical Engineering Interns for the summer of 2019. The qualified candidate will become part of Our Space Systems Group.
As a mechanical engineering intern with us, you will:
- Work with teams in all aspects of requirements definition, design review, structural design, and integration and test
- Apply the appropriateMechanical Engineering standards, processes, procedures and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of engineering applications and products
- Interface with customers, program management and technical staff
- Provide problem resolution and improvement recommendations
- Be enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university AND graduating after August 2019
- Pursing a major inMechanical Engineering or related field
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher
- Previous internship/co-op or other work experience, leadership and teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular)
- Good presentation and writing/communication skills
- Self-motivated, willing to learn, and interested in working in a team environment
- Experience in developing and delivering presentations and leading small groups
- Experience in working in an autonomous work environment on complex projects
- Experience in working on business or engineering full life-cycle projects from project inception through launch
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top