2019 - Assoc Cost Estimating Analyst
Position Duties & Description
- Become familiar with reading Request for Proposals and standard business practices while being able to deliver a compliant cost proposal.
- Learn specifics of Direct Costs, Indirect Costs and Price of Labor and Non Labor requirements.
- Acquire understanding of how to provide guidance to Cost Leads throughout the Cost Development Phase.
- Learn to identifying disconnects of the estimates entered from the source data.
- Work with multiple financial systems and databases.
- Learn how to develop and present data products and analysis to multiple Management levels.
- Understand cross functional communication within Contract, Finance, Procurement, Program and Technical teams.
Prospect Qualifications: A prospect, regardless of age and hiring source must meet all of the below criteria:
- Enrolled in or having received an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university majoring in a science, technology, engineering, or related degree
- Possess an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher
- Be eligible to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
Preferred Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Ability to learn accounting, financial and business concepts.
- Ability to compile, analyze, interpret and present financial information.
- Detailed oriented and the ability to provide timely and accurate resolutions.
- Self-starter, motivated to make improvements, and ability to achieve results with very little guidance in a dynamic fast-paced, changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to deliver presentations to peers and senior leadership.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Ability to independently solve problems and perform real-time resolution by deciding on correct course of action.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Intermediate to advanced PC skills, including ability to quickly summarize large amounts of data and create advanced reports using Excel and generate presentations using PowerPoint.
- Experience with Automated Pricing Tools (ProPricer, MPM) and Financial Systems (Deltek CostPoint) a plus.
Back to top