2018 Year Round College Intern Technical St. Louis (Cyber)
Start your future with a new mission; Northrop Grumman Mission Systems.
An internship at Northrop Grumman is unique. Sure, you'll learn new skills, explore our enterprise, network with experts, connect with thought leaders, and finish with a resume that opens doors. But you'll gain something even more valuable: pride in what you've done. Join us and launch your career. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking highly motivated computer science/engineering/cybersecurity students for an internship opportunity. This position will be located at our Mission Systems Sector in O'Fallon, IL and once clearance has been obtained moved to St. Louis, MO.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's Cyber Defense Business Unit. The selected candidate will work in a program supporting enterprise computing systems and state of the art solutions to technical problems in classified programs and projects supporting the DoD
Roles and Responsibilities
- Administer Enterprise Red Hat Linux or Windows computing infrastructure
- Troubleshoot real time data collection and recommend appropriate actions to improve performance
- Maintain and secure systems in accordance with DoD policies and procedures
- Communicate effectively with remote users
- Monitor systems for performance and security posture, generate status reports, triage service interruptions, process service tickets.
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be a student who is enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university
- Be majoring in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Cybersecurity, or related major with systems security focus.
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be available to work part time (20 hours per week) during school semesters and full-time (40 hours per week) for at least 10 weeks during summer 2017 in O'Fallon, IL and then St. Louis, MO once clearance is obtained.
- Be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Must possess or be ready to earn a US Government 8570 Certification (Security , CASP, CISSP)
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher
- Have a DoD Secret level or higher security clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top