2018 Professional Development Program Systems Engineer 1 Baltimore
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Mission Systems.
We're a team of entry level and experienced professionals, collaborating to achieve our goals. On the Mission Systems Sector team you'll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe.
Part of our Mission is developing our entry level talent through our Professional Development Program (PDP). The PDP is a rotational program that provides the opportunity to experience a series of different assignments. The assignments will provide valuable experiences that will broaden the participant's knowledge of the business and help guide each individual in obtaining his/her career goals. The program will support the individual's growth through training, skill development, and networking opportunities. There will also be opportunities to learn, share experiences, and gain insights by collaborating with some of the best minds in the industry. This program gives its participants the ability to choose their assignments from a variety of departments based on their skills, areas of interest, and availability.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Systems Engineers for the PDP. This position will be located at our Mission Systems Sector in Baltimore, MD.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's Systems Engineering & Product Support (SE&PS) Organization supporting Mission Engineering & Systems Architectures, Sensor Solutions, Mission Solutions, Systems Integration, Test & Evaluations & Product Support. A successful candidate will have significant experience in design and development projects through internships/co-ops and university research. Completion of relevant course work is beneficial. Relevant courses may include electromagnetic theory, classical mechanics, discrete time signal processing, probability and statistics, calculus, differential equations, linear algebra, algorithms and numerical methods. Classes completed or experience related to any aspect of radar, electronic warfare, navigation, command & control, exterior/interior communication, electro/optical infrared theory or systems security engineering are a plus but not required. In addition, proficiency in tools such as Matlab, Mathcad, and C/C , as well as experience in Windows and/or Unix/Linux operating systems are important.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Translating customer requirements into hardware and/or software requirements
- Developing models and simulations
- Estimating the performance of a system
- Developing detailed simulations of a system and its environment
- Performing model based systems engineering
- Defining the signal processing algorithm chain that is executed in a real-time computer application
- Architecting a system
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be completing or has completed their degree (Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD) from an accredited institution
- Be majoring in Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Engineering Physics, Applied Mathematics or a closely related Engineering discipline
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Have proficiency in at least one tools such as Matlab, Mathcad, and C/C or related analytic and programming tools
- Have experience in Windows and/or Unix/Linux operating systems
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher
- Previous internship/co-op experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular)
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate small teams
- Experience working in an autonomous environment on complex projects
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top