2018 PDP - Computer Operations Analyst - New Grad
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Computer Operation Analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located in Raleigh, NC.
This is the perfect opportunity for a new graduate who is looking to enter into the IT field as a first time position. This position will be on a team which supports the US Postal Service EDI / Data Transport systems team which monitors and which is responsible for event monitoring, troubleshooting and external / internal customer requests.
The ideal candidate needs to be highly motivated and very organized. You will respond to situations as they are encountered and escalate as needed. Activities include monitoring email alerts, assisting customers over the phone to work to determine the issue and contact the appropriate team members to resolve the problems. You will gain exposure to Linux, networking, B2B data transactions and enterprise level systems.
Roles and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Monitoring and remediating issues with alerts and notifications to support servers and other application tools.
- Responding to alerts related to file transfer issues or other data issues, and remediating these alerts.
- Assisting partners via email and phone to resolve transfer issues which could be related to server, network or other infrastructure components.
- Documenting issues and assisting with root cause analysis as needed.
NOTE: The schedule could very for this position to include first, second or third shift and weekend work. There will be 2-3 months of 1st shift M-F work for training and then migrate to the assigned shift. This shift is full time, no rotation, and very little likelihood of moving to another shift.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or related field is required; having obtained your degree by May 2018 or within 12 months prior to start date in 2018.
- UNIX/LINUX skills
- Ability to troubleshoot issues and remediate any issues.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to communicate effectively
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience with Windows Operations systems, Office suite and Outlook email.
- Ability to follow detailed instructions or procedures with minor supervision and work independently or in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, and over the telephone in English.
- Basic knowledge of Linux commands and troubleshooting.
- Basic knowledge of networking and TCP/IP
- Minimum 3.2 GPA
- Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Clearance – US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder), and must not have traveled outside the US for a combined total of 6 months or more in last 5 years.
- Must have resided in the US for the last 5 years
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Hands on experience UNIX/LINUX systems
- Prior experience in an operational support team.
- UNIX / LINUX scripting – ability to write or at least understand
- Experience with communication protocols such as SFTP, SSH, AS2 and Connect Direct.
- Appropriate certifications such as A , Network , Linux or others.
- Minimum 3.75 GPA preferred.
- Local to the RDU / Research Triangle Eagan, MN area (this position does not provide relocation assistance)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top