2018 New Grad/PDP- Software Developer Engineer (Conversion)
We're a team of new graduates and experienced professionals, collaborating to achieve our goals. Our teams work with pride across business units toward a common goal: global security. Together, we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it's the work that makes a difference. Join us and discover all you can achieve.
Our Technology Services team is recognized as a global provider of innovative, cost effective solutions. From sustainment and modernization, supply chain management, training and simulation, and high technology services, we offer a full-spectrum of support.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Software Engineers to join its Professional Development Program (PDP).
As a PDP, you'll participate in a three year rotational training program to develop competencies in a variety of cyber software engineering specializations that may include:
- Understanding of the software development lifecycle and roles within each phase to include a variety of programming and scripting languages, and complex software design principles
- Experience in developing, documenting, testing, and debugging software that contain logical and mathematical solutions to business/mission problems.
- Applying appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle.
- Conducting multidisciplinary research and collaborating with equipment designers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of electronic data processing systems for product and commercial software.
- Determining computer user needs and analyzing system capabilities to resolve problems on program intent, output requirements, input data acquisition, programming techniques and controls.
- Developing software on diverse platforms including Unix, Linux and Windows based operating systems
- Utilizing configuration management tools, database applications and related software development tools
The PDP rotations offer the opportunity to experience a variety of job assignments before making a commitment to a particular position. The program will support the individual's growth through training, skill development, and networking opportunities. This program gives its participants the ability to choose their assignments from a variety of departments based on their skills, areas of interest, and availability.
- Completion of a Bachelor's Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Math or other technical discipline from an accredited institution and within one year of graduation date
- 3.25 GPA or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your profile)
- Ability to obtain a US government security clearance
- Must be a US Person (US Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident)
- 3.7 GPA or higher
- Internship experience, leadership & teamwork experience, interpersonal communications skills, and/or involvement with Diversity & Inclusion organizations.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top