2018 Intern-Software Engineer-New
We're a team of new graduates and experienced professionals, collaborating to achieve our goals. Our teams work with pride across business units toward a common goal: global security. Together, we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it's the work that makes a difference. Join us and discover all you can achieve.
Our Technology Services team is recognized as a global provider of innovative, cost effective solutions. From sustainment and modernization, supply chain management, training and simulation, and high technology services, we offer a full-spectrum of support.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Software Engineers to join the Technology Services Intern Program. As an intern, you'll participate in a summer internship program to develop competencies in a variety of software engineering specializations that may include:
- Researches, designs, develops, and/or modifies enterprise-wide systems and or applications software
- Involved in planning of system and development deployment as well as responsible for meeting software compliance standards
- Evaluates interface between hardware and software, operational requirements, and characteristics of overall system.
- Documents testing and maintenance of system corrections
The Technology Services Intern Program is a key strategy in our college recruiting program. The objective is to provide our interns with practical experience and to combine that experience with a targeted development program. The experience,education and enrichment we offer our interns prepare them for fulltime employment within their chosen professions.
- Actively seeking a Bachelor's Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or other technical discipline from an accredited institution
- 3.2 GPA or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your profile)
- Experience with at least one of the following: Java, PHP, ASP, JSP or ColdFusion (preferred)
- Experience with GUI Application Server integration with DB Server through stored package/procedure/function calls
- Understands RDBMS Objects & DB Design elements
- Fluent in PL/SQL and/or knows SQL 92 or above
- Fluent in using Version Control Software
- Knowledgeable following Standard Software Development Cycles
- Knowledgeable to provide good Software Documentation
- US Citizenship Required
- 3.7 GPA
- Knowledge of Oracle database programming is strongly recommended as this is the data storage component to our applications.
- ColdFusion 8 or above knowledge or certification
- Experienced with the following in Software Development:
- Usage of best working practices in Quality Assurance (QA)
- Involvement in deployment management of DEV-to-QA and/or
- QA-to-PRODUCTION environments
- Usage of documented test scripts
- Understanding of unit and integration testing
- Experience with ColdFusion
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top