2018 College Intern Administrative - Communications (Baltimore)
Start your future with a new mission; Northrop Grumman Mission Systems.
An internship at Northrop Grumman is unique. Sure, you'll learn new skills, explore our enterprise, network with experts, connect with thought leaders, and finish with a resume that opens doors. But you'll gain something even more valuable: pride in what you've done. Join us and launch your career. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking students interested in Communications for an internship opportunity. This position will be located at our Mission Systems Sector in Baltimore, MD.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's Communications organization. The selected candidate will work in a dynamic, people-focused environment where he/she will interact with employees of all functions, customers and senior management.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the creation and management of content for the company's communication vehicles, including the intranet, newsletters, videos and emails
- Assist with the planning and coordination of internal initiatives and events
- Measure and present results of communication efforts
- Edit material to meet brand and AP standards
- Research industry trends and new methods for effective communications
- Take accurate notes in key meetings and develop corresponding to-do lists and communication vehicle calendars
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be a student who is enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be majoring in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications or a related discipline
- Have completed at least sophomore year
- Be available to work part-time during the fall and spring semesters
- Be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Skill in juggling multiple projects/activities simultaneously and meeting deadlines
- Understanding of the Associated Press Stylebook guidelines
- Previous experience through coursework or internships
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top