2017/18 Coporate Tax Internship - Falls Church, VA
An internship or co-op at Northrop Grumman is unique. Sure, you'll learn new skills, explore our enterprise, network with experts, connect with thought leaders, and finish with a resume that opens doors. But you'll gain something even more valuable: pride in what you've done. Join us and launch your career. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Corporate Tax Department and work with Certified Public Accountants and Juris Doctorates to prepare federal and state tax returns, as well as other tax compliance/filing obligations. The selected candidate will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where he/she will interact with users, customers and other professionals.
- Develop tax knowledge by assisting with tax controversy issues (including IRS audits and state tax audits) and tax notices
- Assist with federal, state, and international tax research as well as preparation of tax memorandums
- Support ad hoc projects related to tax planning, tax audits, and accounting for income taxes as needed (ASC 740)
- Utilize tax and financial technology (e.g. SAP, Corptax, BNA, and Checkpoint) to accomplish tax department objectives
- Analyze balance sheets and P&L reports, and assist with various quarterly tasks
- Attend weekly team meetings
Performance standards that an incumbent must have to be successful in this position include:
- A high level of confidence, detail orientation, integrity, self – motivation, and a hands on approach to problem solving
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks, and work on multiple assignments
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
- Current enrollment in an accredited college/university degree program pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Taxation, or related program
- Exceptional computer usage skills with Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint)
- Available to work full – time (40 hours per week) for at least 12 weeks during the semester and/or break
- Ability to read and understand financial statements reported under US generally accepted accounting principles
- Minimum GPA 3.25 or higher
- Current enrollment in an accredited MS program in Taxation, Masters of Law program or similar field
- Interest in tax, accounting, and/or tax law
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top