2017 Technical Intern- Hardware (Boulder)
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
Responsibilities for this Pipeline requisition are:
- Supporting hardware site integration projects through design, documentation and approval cycles
- Obtain quotes for hardware
- General process improvements and configuration managed drawing updates
- Lab software testing activities
- Developing test procedures and executing test procedures
- Problem solving and testing process improvements
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be a student who is enrolled full-time and pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree from an accredited college/university
- Be majoring in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Math, Physics, or other related field.
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be available to work full-time (40 hours per week) for at least 10 weeks during summer 2016
- Be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher
- Familiarization / Installation of computer hardware
- Strong technical communications skills including technical documentation
- Self-motivated, willing to learn, and interested in working in a team environment
- The ability to perform with a high level of attention to detail and minimum supervision
- Strong interpersonal and team building with demonstrated organizational skills correction actions
- Have 2 years of college experience towards a BS degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Math, Physics, or other related field.
- Active Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top