2017 Systems Engineer 2- New Grad (Master's Students)
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
We're a team of new graduates and experienced professionals, collaborating to achieve our goals. On the Mission Systems Sector team you'll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe. Together, we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it's work that makes a difference. Join us and launch your career. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Systems Engineers. These positions will be located at our Mission Systems Sector in Aurora, CO, Colorado Springs, CO and Boulder, CO.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's Mission Exploitation or Advanced Programs, both operating unit within the Command, Control & Exploitation business unit of our Mission Systems Sector. The selected candidate will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where he/she will interact with users, customers and other developers. This is a great opportunity for a flexible self-starter to work in a dynamic environment with real world technical content supporting a number of tools and systems.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist with requirements development and verification activities and support system level trade studies.
- Tasks may include defining high-level functional and performance requirements and verification methods, conducting subsequent analyses, and allocating lower-level requirements to physical and functional architectural elements. Allocation could include derivation and decomposition of requirements.
- Tracking requirements through design, verification, integration, and operational validation.
- Coordinate and collaborate with diverse engineering design teams to assist in managing the technical baseline.
- Participate in architecture and requirements reviews and prioritization, peer reviews and inspections of various technical documents and peer review of work products derived from requirements specifications to ensure that the requirements were interpreted correctly.
- Participate in all required activities to include interfacing with stakeholders and in in development of systems engineering plans and processes.
- Work with task leads and/or project leads in producing quality reports/products.
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be completing or has completed their degree (Master's or PhD) from an accredited institution. It must be no more than 1 year if the degree has already been obtained.
- Be majoring in Electrical Engineering or a related field.
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Possess an understanding of deriving software requirements, design, development and testing of system integrations
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher
- Good presentation and writing/communication skills
- Self-motivated, willing to learn, and interested in working in a team environment
- Possess problem-solving skills and ability to work within a dynamic environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top