2017 Systems Engineer 1 PDP - San Diego - Comms BU
Start your future with a new mission; Northrop Grumman Mission Systems.
We're a team of new graduates and experienced professionals, collaborating to achieve our goals. On the Mission Systems Sector team you'll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe.
Part of our Mission is developing our entry level talent through our Professional Development Program (PDP). The PDP is a rotational program that provides the opportunity to experience a series of different assignments. The assignments will provide valuable experiences that will broaden the participant's knowledge of the business and help guide each individual in obtaining his/her career goals. The program will support the individual's growth through training, skill development, and networking opportunities. There will also be opportunities to learn, share experiences, and gain insights by collaborating with some of the best minds in the industry. This program gives its participants the ability to choose their assignments from a variety of departments based on their skills, areas of interest, and availability.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Systems Engineers for the PDP. This position will be located at our Mission Systems Sector in San Diego, CA.
The qualified candidate will become part of Mission Systems Sector's Airborne C4ISR Systems Division supporting the Communication Systems Business Unit.
We deliver complex equipment to enable modern battlefields and support aviation missions. Our focus is on the world of avionics, radio and electronic warfare product applications to enable networked communications. As part of the corporation's business focus area on Communications, we are the "equipment providers."
Roles and Responsibilities
The Systems Engineer (SE) may support the team in performing: technical planning; system design and analysis; cost and risk assessment; requirements development; allocation and communication of system requirements to hardware, software, and integration & test; and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
The SE team ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
The SE performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detailed trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be completing or has completed their degree (Bachelor's, Master's, or PhD) from an accredited institution; It must be no more than 1 year if the degree has already been obtained
- Not have professional work experience in their field of study (excluding internships, co-ops, or research studies)
- Be majoring in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math degree program
- Be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Experience with Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Experience using Matlab
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher
- Previous internship/co-op experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular)
- Good presentation and writing/communication skills
- Self-motivated, willing to learn, and interested in working in a team environment
- Proficiency with test equipment (e.g. signal generators, scopes, analyzers, power meters).
- Knowledge of RF/Digital circuitry
- Experience with Microsoft Project
- Understanding of DOORS
Join our Talent Community:
LIKE NorthropGrummanCareers on Facebook http://ar.gy/FacebookNGCareers
FOLLOW Northrop Grumman Corporation on LinkedIn http://ar.gy/LinkedInNGCareers
FOLLOW @NG_Careers on Twitter http://ar.gy/TwitterNGCareers
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel: NorthropGrummanMedia http://ar.gy/YouTubeNGCareers
Discover more about our careers at careers.northropgrumman.com
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top