2017 Software Engineer - Product Services- New Grad- Omaha
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Mission Systems.
We’re a team of new graduates and experienced professionals, collaborating to achieve our goals. On the Mission Systems Sector team you’ll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe. Together, we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It’s unique work. It’s challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it’s work that makes a difference. Join us and launch your career. We’ll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Software Developer level 1 familiar with service-oriented software development. The ideal candidate will be joining a highly motivated and focused agile development Interactive Applications software team. This position is located in Omaha, NE.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the coding, deployment, maintenance, optimization and documentation of software applications in a multi-tier, distrusted, browser-based enterprise computer
- Work to build designs that optimize page load times and other performance metrics to enhance usability
- Develop use cases, wireframes, mock-ups and prototypes to conceptualize improved features and user flows
- Understand SOA concepts and patterns
- Perform unit testing to ensure the quality of code produced
- Research and fact fining to develop or modify moderately complex information systems
- Participates in the entire lifecycle of software development including requirements definition, architecture and development specifications, coding, quality assurance testing, deployment, documentation and support
- Collaborates with other developers and product analysts effectively
- Works well in a team environment
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be completing or has completed their degree (Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD) from an accredited institution; It must be no more than 1 year if the degree has already been obtained
- Not have professional work experience in their field of study (excluding internships, co-ops, or research studies)
- Be majoring in computer science, computer engineering or a related field
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Possess a DOD Secret clearance
- Have the ability to work both independently and within a team
- Possess Strong, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher
- Previous internship experience and teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities.
- Current DoD Secret security clearance
- Understanding of Agile Software development practices
- Java SDK
- J2EE development
- Atlassian Tools (Jira, Confluence, FishEye)
- Meteorology / Familiarity with weather data
- Proficiency in Java / Python
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top