2017 Professional Development Program - Systems Engineer 1 New Graduate- Rolling Meadows
Start your future with a new mission; Northrop Grumman Mission Systems.
We’re a team of new graduates and experienced professionals, collaborating to achieve our goals. On the Mission Systems Sector team you’ll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe.
Part of our Mission is developing our entry level talent through our Professional Development Program (PDP). The PDP is a rotational program that provides the opportunity to experience a series of different assignments. The assignments will provide valuable experiences that will broaden the participant’s knowledge of the business and help guide each individual in obtaining his/her career goals. The program will support the individual’s growth through training, skill development, and networking opportunities. There will also be opportunities to learn, share experiences, and gain insights by collaborating with some of the best minds in the industry. This program gives its participants the ability to choose their assignments from a variety of departments based on their skills, areas of interest, and availability.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Systems Engineers for the PDP. This position will be located at our Mission Systems Sector in Rolling Meadows, IL.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Engineering Professional Development Program.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Assignment opportunities include Systems Design, Modeling & Simulation, and Systems Integration & Test.
- Systems Design responsibilities include defining design and requirement for EO/IR/RF systems. Participate in systems requirements reviews, preliminary design and critical design reviews.
- Modeling & Simulation responsibilities include algorithm design and analytics for EO/IR/RG systems, research, design, development and simulation of EW Systems, define and develop processing algorithms for real-time implementation, system modeling and simulation.
- Integration and Test responsibilities include conducting integration testing, evaluation of complex electronics, from hardware/software design through aircraft installation. Create design verification tests, flight test plans and procedures.
- One or more of the following specialties is beneficial: EO/IR/RG systems, sensors/antennas, transmitters/receivers, optics, detection and tracking.
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be completing or has completed their degree (Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD) from an accredited institution; It must be no more than 1 year if the degree has already been obtained
- Not have professional work experience in their field of study (excluding internships, co-ops, or research studies)
- Be majoring in electrical engineering, computer engineering, systems engineering, physics or math.
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Strong mathematical skills and working knowledge of signal processing and algorithms.
- Proficient in MATLAB and/or C/C (Modeling & Simulation)
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher
- Previous internship/co-op experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular).
- Self-motivated, willing to learn, and interested in working in a team environment.
- Prior experience with DOORS or other requirements management tools.
- Experience in an integration and test environment for complex electronic system.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top