2017 Professional Development Program - Software/Digital Technology Engineer
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Mission Systems.
We’re a team of new graduates and experienced professionals, collaborating to achieve our goals. On the Mission Systems Sector team you’ll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe.
Part of our Mission is developing our entry level talent through our Professional Development Program (PDP). The PDP is a rotational program that provides the opportunity to experience a series of different assignments within an 18-month duration. The assignments will provide valuable experiences that will broaden the participant’s knowledge of the business and help guide each individual in obtaining his/her career goals. The program will support the individual’s growth through training, skill development, and networking opportunities. There will also be opportunities to learn, share experiences, and gain insights by collaborating with some of the best minds in the industry. This program gives its participants the ability to choose their assignments from a variety of departments based on their skills, areas of interest, and availability.
Northrop Grumman is seeking Software and Digital Technology Engineers for the PDP. This position will be located at our Mission Systems Sector in Maryland (specific location may be Annapolis, Baltimore, or Sykesville).
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Processing Technologies department and have the opportunity to work on multiple projects over the course of his/her rotations. Work will focus on digital design (FPGA, ASIC, etc) and embedded software development. The selected candidate will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where he/she will interact with users, customers and other developers on various systems including Electronic Warfare, Radar, Space, and International.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Full life cycle product development on a variety of architectures and target hardware platforms
- Applications include real-time sensor control, target class/detect/tracking, data acquisition and analysis, digital signal processing, networks and communications/security, intelligence data cross correlation, image processing, reverse engineering, artificial intelligence, database management, GUI development, programmable logic device (PLD, CPLD, EPLD, FPGA) design, application-specific integrated circuit (ASIC) design, and digital & mixed signal subsystem design
- Utilizing software engineering technologies such as Object Oriented Design/Programming, Client-Server Distributed Architectures, Service Oriented Architectures, C/C , C#, Java, Java Enterprise Ediction, Embedded Real-time Development, Database Design, Web Technologies, .NET, and the Unix, Linux, Windows, VxWorks, and Mercury Operating Systems
- Utilizing digital design technologies such as VHDL / Verilog Coding, Digital Signal Processing, Digital Interfaces, Advanced Verification, Modeling, and Simulation
This position description does not represent a current opening but may be used to identify candidates with skills and experience for positions within Northrop Grumman that frequently become available. Candidates who express an interest may be considered for future positions at Northrop Grumman.
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be completing or has completed their degree (Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD) from an accredited institution; It must be no more than 1 year if the degree has already been obtained
- Not have professional work experience in their field of study (excluding internships, co-ops, or research studies)
- Be majoring in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical & Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher
- Experience with model-driven engineering
- Previous internship/co-op experience
- Demonstrated leadership & teamwork capabilities
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Participation and leadership in professional/community/extracurricular activities
Join our Talent Community:
LIKE NorthropGrummanCareers on Facebook http://ar.gy/FacebookNGCareers
FOLLOW Northrop Grumman Corporation on LinkedIn http://ar.gy/LinkedInNGCareers
FOLLOW @NG_Careers on Twitter http://ar.gy/TwitterNGCareers
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel: NorthropGrummanMedia http://ar.gy/YouTubeNGCareers
Discover more about our careers at careers.northropgrumman.com
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For a complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top