2017 Professional Development Program (PDP) Computer Systems Architect - New Grad
Come join our team of new graduates and experienced professionals, collaborating across business units toward a common goal: global security. Together, we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it's the work that makes a difference. Join us and discover all you can achieve.
Our Technology Services team is recognized as a global provider of innovative, cost effective solutions. From sustainment and modernization, supply chain management, training and simulation, and high technology services, we offer a full-spectrum of support.
Northrop Grumman is seeking three Computer Systems Architects to become part of Northrop Grumman's Virginia Information Technology Agency (VITA) Program, a 13 year, $2B program, responsible for providing end-to-end IT Infrastructure to the Commonwealth of Virginia. These positions will initially be located in Chester, VA.
As a Professional Development Program (PDP) candidate, you will participate in a three year rotational training program to develop competencies in a variety of software and programming specializations. Your first rotation will be as part of the VITA program's Engineering and Architecture Department. You'll participate in assignments that will leverage degrees in Computer Science, Computer Engineering and related disciplines. In this position you will gain experience with:
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) framework for providing Information Technology Service Management (ITSM) including work in all areas Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation and Continual Service Improvement
- Firewall engineering,
- Network/Security Engineering,
- Security tools
- Data analysis, integration, and data mining.
- Developing, documenting, testing, and troubleshooting information systems.
- Applying appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle.
- Conducting multidisciplinary research and collaborating with equipment and software suppliers in the planning, design, development, and utilization of tools and systems to support our customers.
- Determining user requirements, analyzing system capabilities and developing solutions to meet user needs.
- Utilizing configuration management tools, database applications and related software development tools
The PDP rotations offer the opportunity to experience a variety of job assignments before making a commitment to a particular position. The program will support the individual's growth through training, skill development, and networking opportunities. This program gives its participants the ability to choose their assignments from a variety of departments based on their skills, areas of interest, and availability
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- Minimum of a 3.25 GPA with completion of a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Network Engineering or Electrical Engineering from an accredited institution and within one year of graduation date.
- Strong ability to interact and communicate with stakeholders at different levels within the organization
- Must be a team player, proactive, and possess excellent problem solving
- Candidate must be highly organized
- Strong oral and written communication skills (a writing sample may be required)
- Be able to deal effectively with competing priorities and deadlines, and be able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a US citizen able to obtain a security clearance
- Knowledge of computer systems and basic understanding of architectural frameworks
- Basic to intermediate scripting (Python, Perl, RegEx, WSH, Powershell)
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Demonstrated project management experience
- A understanding of statistical and analytical principles
- Knowledge/experience in any of the following:
- .NET and/or SQL Server development tools
- SQL Server tool set (SSRS, SSIS, SSMS, SSAS)
- Team Foundation Server
- SMTP (E-mail Transfer Protocol)
- Remote Desktop Services
- VMWare Service Manager (VSM)
- Knowledge of LAN security, firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention, administration of servers, workstations, and other IT devices to collect information necessary to perform assessments
- A working knowledge of network security analysis using industry standard intrusion detection systems (e.g., Snort, McAfee, IBM, Cisco).
- Ability to customize audit template files in support of risk and vulnerability assessments (such as Nessus, CIS benchmark, Microsoft SCM)
- Experience in software engineering, including proficiency in C, C , Java
- Experience administering Windows and Linux/UNIX-based systems.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top