2017 Professional Development Program Engineer Quality 1 - Mission Assurance (Huntsville)
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Mission Systems.
We’re a team of new graduates and experienced professionals, collaborating to achieve our goals. On the Mission Systems Sector team you’ll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe.
Part of our Mission is developing our entry level talent through our Professional Development Program (PDP). The PDP is a rotational program that provides the opportunity to experience a series of different assignments. The assignments will provide valuable experiences that will broaden the participant’s knowledge of the business and through training, skill, development and networking opportunities. There will also be opportunities to learn, share experiences, and gain insights by collaborating with some of the best minds in the industry. This program gives its participants the ability to choose their assignments from a variety of departments based on their skills, areas of interest, and availability.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Quality Engineer for the PDP. This position will be located at our Mission Systems Sector in Huntsville, AL.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Missile Defense & Protective Systems Division Mission Assurance team. The selected candidate will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where he/she will interact with division, functional, business unit, operating unit, and program leaders to solve complex problems.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support the divisions’ Continual Innovation & Improvement (CII) activities
- Facilitate communication of CII activities across functional, organizational, and program stakeholders
- Integrate the division’s CII activities with corporate and sector initiatives (e.g. Spark)
- Support one or two individual improvement project teams
- Utilize process and efficiency improvements to reduce non-value added activities
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be completing or has completed their degree (Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD) from an accredited institution; It must be no more than 1 year if the degree has already been obtained
- Not have professional work experience in their field of study (excluding internships, co-ops, or research studies)
- Be majoring in Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher
- Previous internship/co-op experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular)
- Good presentation and writing/communication skills
- Self-motivated, willing to learn, and interested in working in a team environment
- Experience in working in an autonomous work environment on complex projects
- Experience in working on business or engineering full life-cycle projects from project inception through launch
- Familiarity with Lean, Six Sigma, or other process improvement methodologies
- Experience using Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Join our Talent Community:
LIKE NorthropGrummanCareers on Facebook http://ar.gy/FacebookNGCareers
FOLLOW Northrop Grumman Corporation on LinkedIn http://ar.gy/LinkedInNGCareers
FOLLOW @NG_Careers on Twitter http://ar.gy/TwitterNGCareers
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel: NorthropGrummanMedia http://ar.gy/YouTubeNGCareers
Discover more about our careers at careers.northropgrumman.com
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top