2017 PDP Engineer Software 2 (Colorado)
Start your future with a new mission; Northrop Grumman Mission Systems.
We're a team of new graduates and experienced professionals, collaborating to achieve our goals. On the Mission Systems Sector team you'll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe. Together, we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it's work that makes a difference. Join us and launch your career. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Part of our Mission is developing our entry level talent through our Professional Development Program (PDP). The PDP is a rotational program that provides the opportunity to experience a series of different assignments within an 18-month duration. The assignments will provide valuable experiences that will broaden the participant's knowledge of the business and help guide each individual in obtaining his/her career goals. The program will support the individual's growth through training, skill development, and networking opportunities. There will also be opportunities to learn, share experiences, and gain insights by collaborating with some of the best minds in the industry. This program gives its participants the ability to choose their assignments from a variety of departments based on their skills, areas of interest, and availability.
Northrop Grumman is seeking software engineers. These positions will be located at our Mission Systems Sector in Aurora, CO and Colorado Springs Co.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's Mission Exploitation Operating Unit or the Advanced Programs Operating Unit within the Command, Control & Exploitation Business Unit of our Mission Systems Sector. The selected candidate will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where he/she will interact with users, customers and other developers. This is a great opportunity for a flexible self-starter to work in a dynamic environment with real world technical content supporting a number of tools and systems.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design analysis, problem solving/trouble shooting, determine and implement solutions to a variety of challenging software engineering solutions in a timely manner
- Frequent use and application of software engineering standards and techniques, including Object Oriented Design and development techniques, in all aspects of the development life-cycle
- Frequent, direct interaction and collaboration with peers and occasional customer interaction
- Work as a member of a small highly skilled team in a dynamic environment
- Work on technical problems and to provide innovative solutions
- Work under general supervision, and take ownership of assigned tasks independently determine the approach to develop solutions and push to closure on scheduled milestones
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be completing or has completed their degree Master's or PhD from an accredited institution. It must be no more than 1 year if the degree has already been obtained.
- Not have professional work experience in their field of study (excluding internships, co-ops, or research studies)
- Be majoring in Computer Science or Math or related field.
- Be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Experience developing, coding, testing and debugging software applications
- Experience utilizing at least of one of the following: C/C , Python, and/ or Java
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to change
- Possess strong organizational and communication skills
- Previous internship/co-op experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular)
- Good presentation and writing/communication skills
- Self-motivated, willing to learn, and interested in working in a team environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top