2017 New Grad Systems Modeling and Simulation Engineer 2 (Baltimore)
Start your future with a new mission; Northrop Grumman Mission Systems.
We’re a team of new graduates and experienced professionals, collaborating to achieve our goals. On the Mission Systems Sector team you’ll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe. Together, we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It’s unique work. It’s challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it is work that makes a difference. Join us and launch your career. We’ll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Modeling, Simulation and Analysis Engineer. This position will be located at our Mission Systems Sector in Baltimore, MD.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Mission Engineering and Systems Architectures Department supporting the Systems Performance and Effects Analysis team.
The selected candidate will work in a closed area requiring a Department of Defense Secret Clearance.
The selected candidate will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where he/she will interact with users, customers and other developers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop constructive and real time Modeling and Simulation (M&S) applications
- Develop threat laydowns and simulation capabilities representing advanced weapon system concepts
- Implement advanced weapon system concepts in C using object-oriented design techniques.
- Model weapon kinematics, integrated air defense systems, non-kinetic effects, sensor systems, electronic warfare systems, communications networks, advanced tracking, correlation, and fusion algorithms, and automated tactics and battle management capabilities.
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be completing or has completed their Master’s degree from an accredited institution; It must be no more than 1 year if the degree has already been obtained
- Not have professional work experience in their field of study (excluding internships, co-ops, or research studies)
- Be majoring in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Mathematics and Physics.
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Complete knowledge of software programming languages and databases and the ability to apply to software domain. Programming languages encompass higher order languages, auto-coded languages and assembly languages.
- Complete knowledge of general and real-time software development and testing tools, capability ad usage. Real-time tool examples include cross compliers, target debuggers and test/performance instrumentation.
- Complete knowledge of real-time target environments, including processor and network architectures, communication protocols, simulation frameworks and electrical interfaces.
- Ability to build, integrate and troubleshoot software components.
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher
- Previous internship/co-op experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular).
- Good presentation and writing/communication skills.
- Self-motivated, willing to learn, and interested in working in a team environment.
- Experience in developing and delivering presentations and leading small groups.
- Experience in working in an autonomous work environment on complex projects.
- Experience in working on business or engineering full life-cycle projects from project inception through launch.
- Interim Secret Clearance or Higher
- Exposure to Government Models: BRAWLER, AFSIM, STORM
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top