2017 New Grad Systems I&T Engineer 2 (Baltimore)
Start your future with a new mission; Northrop Grumman Mission Systems.
We’re a team of new graduates and experienced professionals, collaborating to achieve our goals. On the Mission Systems Sector team you’ll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe. Together, we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It’s unique work. It’s challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it is work that makes a difference. Join us and launch your career. We’ll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Systems Integration, Test, and Evaluation (SIT&E) engineer. This position will be located at our Mission Systems Sector in Baltimore, MD.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Systems Integration, Test, and Field Engineering (SIT&FE) Business Unit.
The selected candidate will work in a diverse team to performing integration and testing. The integration and test scope may include environmental tests, or flight tests (on a fleet of dedicated Northrop Grumman test aircraft). The SIT&E engineer may contribute to the development of technical plans or procedures, integration and test strategy, readiness reviews, problem solving, requirements allocation, and verification/validation of system requirements with direction from technical leadership.
The selected candidate will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where he/she will interact with users, customers and other developers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Support engineering integration and testing (I&T) efforts on Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance, and Targeting (ISR&T) platforms
- Responsible for lab test equipment and operational requirements in a lab environment
- Perform hands-on testing of RF systems, including hardware and software
- Operate engineering software applications
- Conduct diagnostic and performance tests
- Perform data analysis and define systems requirements allocation
- Prepare documents/reports of technical specifications, plans, or procedures
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be completing or has completed their Master’s degree from an accredited institution; It must be no more than 1 year if the degree has already been obtained
- Not have professional work experience in their field of study (excluding internships, co-ops, or research studies)
- Be majoring in Electrical Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering, Physics or Mathematics
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher
- Previous internship/co-op experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular).
- Self-motivated, willing to learn, and interested in working in a team environment.
- Hands-on experience supporting integration and testing (I&T) in a lab environment
- Proficiency with Matlab or Python
- Experience working with and/or testing RF equipment
- Experience writing technical plans and/or specifications
- Active security clearance of Secret or higher
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top