2017 New Grad- Software Development Analyst
We're a team of new graduates and experienced professionals, collaborating to achieve our goals. Our teams work with pride across business units toward a common goal: global security. Together, we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it's the work that makes a difference. Join us and discover all you can achieve.
Our Technology Services team is recognized as a global provider of innovative, cost effective solutions. From sustainment and modernization, supply chain management, training and simulation, and high technology services, we offer a full-spectrum of support.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Software Development Analyst to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in defining the future. This position will be located in Woodlawn, MD. The qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Information technology support services contract for the SSA, and will be supporting development in Modern Development Environment using Agile, DevOps, Node.js, and Automated Testing Tools.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide development support to the government client and enable design, development, and implementation for a Disability System.
- Participate in the full life cycle of an agile project and design and develop user interfaces/applications and conduct testing.
- Understands the business problem statement, user scenarios, and technical constraints.
- Plan for and conduct implementation activities.
- Participate in planning, retrospectives, demos and daily stand-ups.
- Continuously develops knowledge and skills on pertinent systems.
- Perform thorough unit and functional testing of the code to ensure high quality bug free code.
- Provide weekly and monthly status to the management.
- Self-starter, highly motivated individual and a team player who adapts to a dynamic work environment.
- Develop presentations in MS PowerPoint and conduct briefings to project stakeholders.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical topics to management and non-technical audiences, as well as interface with the customer on a daily basis.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related degree from an accredited institution.
- No more than 1 year of relevant work experience from the time the degree is received.
- 3.2 GPA or higher.
- Must be either a US Citizen or Green Card Holder
- Must be able to obtain Public Trust clearance
- Knowledge of System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies.
- Ability and willingness to work in tough deadlines.
- Prior experience in Agile, DevOps, Node.js, or Automated testing tools.
- Internship experience, leadership & teamwork experience, interpersonal communications skills, and/or involvement with Diversity & Inclusion organizations.
Join our Talent Community:
LIKE NorthropGrummanCareers on Facebook http://ar.gy/FacebookNGCareers
FOLLOW Northrop Grumman Corporation on LinkedIn http://ar.gy/LinkedInNGCareers
FOLLOW @NG_Careers on Twitter http://ar.gy/TwitterNGCareers
SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel: NorthropGrummanMedia http://ar.gy/YouTubeNGCareers
Discover more about our careers at careers.northropgrumman.com
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top