2017 New Grad Hardware Engineer 1 (Boulder)
Start your future with a new mission; Northrop Grumman Mission Systems.
We’re a team of new graduates and experienced professionals, collaborating to achieve our goals. On the Mission Systems Sector team you’ll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe. Together, we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It’s unique work. It’s challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it’s work that makes a difference. Join us and launch your career. We’ll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a new graduate Hardware Engineer. This position will be located at our Mission Systems Sector in Boulder, CO.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Engineering, Manufacturing, and Logistics Team working in an exciting operational environment interacting with the development team, operators, and customers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Analyze data center environmental controls including power and cooling.
- Design data center computing systems including storage, networking, and audio video.
- Provide material handling and procurement of hardware systems.
- Install, configure, and checkout of data center computing systems.
- Support the formal Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) required by each government accrediting authority through pre-test preparations, participation in the tests, analysis of the results and preparation of required reports.
- Prepare test plans, verify requirements, and document discrepancies.
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be completing or has completed their degree (Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD) from an accredited institution; It must be no more than 1 year if the degree has already been obtained
- Not have professional work experience in their field of study (excluding internships, co-ops, or research studies)
- Be majoring in a STEM degree field such as computer engineering, computer science, engineering, physics, or math.
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Good presentation and writing/communication skills
- Self-motivated, willing to learn, and interested in working in a team environment
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher
- Top Secret/SCI security clearance
- Working knowledge of Linux Red Hat and Microsoft Windows operating systems.
- Working knowledge and understanding of boundary protection devices, including firewalls and IPS devices
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top