2017 New Grad Field Engineer 1 (Baltimore)
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Mission Systems.
We’re a team of new graduates and experienced professionals, collaborating to achieve our goals. On the Mission Systems Sector team you’ll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe. Together, we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It’s unique work. It’s challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it’s work that makes a difference. Join us and launch your career. We’ll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Field Engineer 1. This position will be located at our Mission Systems Sector in Linthicum, MD.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman’s Systems Integration, Test, & Evaluation, and Field Engineering department. The department’s mission is to oversee and ensure the timely integration and verification of the sophisticated electronic sensors and products produced at Mission Systems such as RADAR, Electronic Warfare (EW), and Electro Optical (EO). Integration and Test is involved throughout the product and program lifecycle from proposals, requirements, design, modeling & simulation, environmental and flight test to the delivery and operation & maintenance of fielded systems. In addition to factory I&T, Field Engineering provides installation and check-out (I&CO), operation and maintenance (O&M), flight test (FT support), depot-level maintenance, and customer training for our products on flight lines and carrier decks, onboard ships and submarines, at remote sites around the world and supporting the warfighters during deployments such as Operation Enduring Freedom and Operation New Dawn.
The selected candidate will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where he/she will interact with users, customers, and other developers.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- At least 50% travel, domestic and international
- Understanding of System Performance Requirements and Requirements Management Tools, e.g. IBM Rational DOORS
- Setup, operation, and automated (scripted) control of RF Test Equipment (oscilloscopes, signal and spectrum analyzers, signal generators, amplifiers, meters, and antennas)
- Special test equipment design, development, and use
- Test planning, test procedure development and execution
- Unit, Software, and System-level modeling (in MATLAB)
- Test script development (Tcl, Python)
- Understanding of electrical interfaces and protocols and Interface Control Documents
- Understanding of Configuration Management and Configuration Management Tools, e.g. IBM Rational ClearCase
- Communicates with internal and external customers and team members to report test results, resolve issues, and determine future improvements and corrections
- Be completing or has completed their Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution; It must be no more than 1 year if the degree has already been obtained
- Not have professional work experience in their field of study (excluding internships, co-ops, or research studies)
- Be majoring in Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology, Computer Engineering or Engineering Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Math or Physics.
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Willingness and desire for travel, hands-on work, and direct contact with our DoD and government agency customers and other defense contractors
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher
- Previous internship/co-op experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular)
- Hands-on experience with RF Test Equipment in a lab environment
- Experience with MATLAB
- Programming in C, C , C#, Tcl, and/or Python
- Active security clearance at Secret or higher
Join our Talent Community:
LIKE NorthropGrummanCareers on Facebook http://ar.gy/FacebookNGCareers
FOLLOW Northrop Grumman Corporation on LinkedIn http://ar.gy/LinkedInNGCareers
FOLLOW @NG_Careers on Twitter http://ar.gy/TwitterNGCareers
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top