2017 New Grad Field Engineer 1 (Annapolis, Baltimore, or Ventura)
Your opportunities for achievement are limitless with Northrop Grumman Mission Systems.
We're a team of new graduates and experienced professionals, collaborating to achieve our goals. On the Mission Systems Sector team you'll join our experts in developing systems and solutions that keep our world safe. Together, we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it is work that makes a difference. Join us and launch your career. We'll support you with training, employee resource groups, and our shared vision of global security.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Field Engineer 1. This position will be located at our Mission Systems Sector in Baltimore, MD, Ventura, CA or Annapolis, MD.
The qualified candidate will become part of Northrop Grumman's Engineering, Manufacturing & Logistics Organization.
The selected candidate will work in a lab and office environment in the field.
The selected candidate will work in a dynamic people-focused environment where he/she will interact with users, customers and other developers.
Roles and Responsibilities
- At least 50% travel, domestic and international
- Setup, operation, and automated (scripted) control of RF Test Equipment (oscilloscopes, signal and spectrum analyzers, signal generators, amplifiers, meters, and antennas)
- Test planning, test procedure development and execution, and test script development (Tcl, Python)
- Understanding of electrical interfaces and protocols and Interface Control Documents and Configuration Management and Configuration Management Tools, e.g. IBM Rational ClearCase
- Researches, plans, designs and develops mechanical products and systems such as instruments, controls, robots, engines, machines and mechanical, thermal hydraulic or heat transfer systems for production, transmission, measurement, and use of energy. Applies research to the planning, design, development, and testing of mechanical and/or electromechanical systems, instruments, controls, engines, and/or machines.
- Communicates with internal and external customers and team members to report test results, resolve issues, and determine future improvements and corrections.
A candidate, regardless of age and hiring source, must meet ALL of the below criteria. The candidate must:
- Be completing or has completed their Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution; It must be no more than 1 year if the degree has already been obtained
- Not have professional work experience in their field of study (excluding internships, co-ops, or research studies)
- Be majoring in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Ocean Engineering.
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.25/4.0 or higher (unofficial academic transcripts must be provided at time of application by uploading the documents to your application or profile)
- Be able to obtain a U.S. Government security clearance (U.S. citizenship is a pre-requisite)
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 3.70/4.0 or higher
- Previous internship/co-op experience, leadership & teamwork capabilities, interpersonal communication skills, and activities (professional/community/extracurricular).
- Good presentation and writing/communication skills.
- Self-motivated, willing to learn, and interested in working in a team environment.
- Experience in working in an autonomous work environment on complex projects.
- Experience in working on business or engineering full life-cycle projects from project inception through launch.
- Experience with Ocean Engineering, Maritime/Naval Systems, and materials for those environments.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top