2017 Intern-User Experience-New
We're a team of new graduates and experienced professionals, collaborating to achieve our goals. Our teams work with pride across business units toward a common goal: global security. Together, we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it's the work that makes a difference. Join us and discover all you can achieve.
Our Technology Services team is recognized as a global provider of innovative, cost effective solutions. From sustainment and modernization, supply chain management, training and simulation, and high technology services, we offer a full-spectrum of support.
Northrop Grumman is seeking User Experience Practitioners to join the Technology Services Intern Program.
As an intern, you'll participate in a summer internship program to develop competencies in a variety of user experience specializations that may include:
- Business process analysis, user needs analysis, requirements definition, browser-based interface design, and usability testing.
- Business goals and user needs elicitation from stakeholders.
- Personas and Scenarios of Use creation.
- Screen prototype creation and refinement.
- User requirements, screen designs, and design recommendations documentation.
The Technology Services Intern Program is a key strategy in our college recruiting program. The objective is to provide our interns with practical experience and to combine that experience with a targeted development program. The experience, education and enrichment we offer our interns prepare them for fulltime employment within their chosen professions.
- Actively enrolled in a Bachelor's or Master's program in Interaction Design, Human Centered Computing, Human Computer Interface, Information Systems or other technical discipline from an accredited institution that includes relevant coursework in User-Centered Methods and User Analysis.
- 3.2 GPA or higher.
- Must be a U.S. citizen or a Fulltime Permanent Resident (Green Card Holder).
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust clearance.
- 3.7 GPA or higher
- A strong understanding of responsive design.
- Experience with Agile development projects.
- Experience using Axure RP prototyping software.
- Understanding of Section 508 and its requirements regarding design.
- Internship experience, leadership & teamwork experience, interpersonal communications skills, and/or involvement with Diversity & Inclusion organizations.
Join our Talent Community:
- LIKE NorthropGrummanCareers on Facebook http://ar.gy/FacebookNGCareers
- FOLLOW Northrop Grumman Corporation on LinkedIn http://ar.gy/LinkedInNGCareers
- FOLLOW @NG_Careers on Twitter http://ar.gy/TwitterNGCareers
- SUBSCRIBE to our YouTube Channel: NorthropGrummanMedia http://ar.gy/YouTubeNGCareers
Discover more about our careers at careers.northropgrumman.com
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top